With only the hardiest kale and parsley growing in our vegetable gardens in November, our thoughts jet ahead to spring and the happy purple and yellow faces of Johnny Jump Ups, which will blossom as the last of the snow melts away. They’re the first edible items we harvest in the spring to brighten up salads. After the snow melts, new seedlings appear as if by magic. Johnny Jump Ups reseed easily and you can treat them as the first act of the spring garden show, weeding them out as needed when planting your early crops. One seed source we love is Restoration Seeds.
- Need planting design help? Home Outside’s Garden Bed Design service to the rescue!
- A New Hampshire Vacation Home—Creating a Landscape for Multiple Generations
- A Sustainable and Beautiful Landscape Makeover for Southern Brazil
- Home Outside’s Backyard Landscape Design Services
- Try This: Colorful Container Planting Design
As an Amazon Associate, Home Outside earns from qualifying purchases.